Here’s a quick list of reasons I still read printed newspapers.
- Reading a newspaper is a distinct, deliberate effort to catch up on the news
- I find the act of reading a printed newspaper to be relaxing, even when the content is terrifying
- Ads are unintrusive and do not track me
- No video or shitty slideshows
- Headlines and ledes are on front page, with the longer version just a page turn away
- No irrelevant and annoying clickbait to lead me astray
- It’s possible to completely finish the news, put down the paper, and go on with my day.