Hello there. I’m Jack Baty and this is my personal space.
I’ve been a partner at Fusionary Media since 1995. Fusionary is a terrific digital studio in Grand Rapids, MI. If you something for the web or mobile devices you should drop us a line
Outside of helping create digital products at Fusionary, I have a few interests:
- Photography. I call it “photography” but it’s more like “camera collecting.” Most of my photographs are shot on film, processed and printed in my darkroom.
- Analog things. Digital is where we are, but I still enjoy using things like film cameras, vinyl records, manual typewriters, notebooks and fancy pens and pencils.
- Now. I keep a page updated with things I’m tinkering with at the moment at baty.net/now
You can email me at email@example.com.
I don’t have a plan.
My weblog and other publishing experiments
- baty.net is my primary blog
- 1999.baty.net is for taking notes as I go using Dave Winer’s 1999.io
- snippets.baty.net contains short posts, links, photos, and other things I want to share
- tilde.club/~jbaty because nostalgia is strong and Paul Ford is my hero
- jack.baty.net was going to be my new blog but I thought better of it
- stream.baty.net is an instance of Withknown that I’ll probably abandon.
- photos.baty.net is a collection of my photos and notes about them.
- My Flickr I’ve been posting photos to Flickr since forever. Flickr is still the best photo sharing service, even though it’s fallen out of favor in recent years.
- @jackbaty on Twitter. I read more on Twitter than I post, but feel free to @ or DM me there.
- mrjackbaty on Instagram. I only reluctantly post photos on Instagram. I don’t like that they only allow posting using their own app. The API is limited and exclusionary. Still, it’s where everyone lives these days.
- Letterboxd is where I track and rate the movies I watch
- Jackbaty on Facebook. I’m on Facebook but I don’t go there.